星期日, 11月 30, 2008

Kitchen Day

Oh gosh~
I don't think that this is a good idea..but.. i'm broke!
Hence...I shall...or I should say..I had to... stay at home *house on sunday..sigh~

4 months I'd been here...never once touching the stove besides instant noodles and water boiling
and yea~ I'm in the mood of cooking today!! \^.^/

Basically this is the best timing to sabotouch the kitchen, since roomie and housemates are not around, and well~ if something do happen(touch wood!).. at least it wont ended up becoming nitemares of others.

Two weeks ago I had the recipe copied my ma zi...so I shall cook the simple Lim Family style of weird food...mi hun kuih...

It was 10am in the morning. Surprisingly I was so in mood for it that I ran for a normal choy sum which costed me 3 bucks! Giant..are you sure you'd cut down the prices??


After those purchasing.. was shocked to find out that the tiny piece of recipe paper is mysteriously gone! neither it's in the bag or my brain! gosh~
Had to ended up SOS ma zi for help..
It's weird to "listen" to a recipe, especially the estimation part of those portion based on the size of her hand and bowl and spoon..vege a hands' full, water half bowl, flour 8 spoons full...

Ended up, I had to make a complicated maths calculation regarding the size ratio of the bowl at home and the bowl right here, the size of her hand compared to mine...
and..hey...i wonder is this the right portion?

anyway..i figured out that the calculation went wrong! too much water made the flour watery, and after added flour, water is insuffient pulak!
and...I ended up finishing up the whole bottle of flour that I took it from Taiping..


With all the ingredients ready, it's show time~

Oh yea..i think ma zi forgot to warn me something... oil spilled everywhere once the dried shrimp is poured into the hot oil, even the fire was the lowest I can adjust!
The whole frying scene was like a circus show, with a noob, holding a cooking spatula, galloping a big step ahead to stir fry the pan, and the next moment jumping 3 steps backwards with the shrimp spilling out of the pan like fireworks! (Once again, thankgod that no one at home house at that moment!)

much fortunate, everything went well after that...

hmm...it doesn't looks nice though....


and ended up with the portion of 3 for my ownself...
But finally suceeded with my mi hun kuih!!
It doesn't taste bad at all, thanks to the dried fry shrimp

Oh yea...I tagged this as weird, as our mi hun kuih does not have a fixed shape..to be frank, ugly shapeless kuih...and to be eaten with tomato sauce!
I would presume that anyone who went to my home in Tpg may have tasted this before...

I called back, way after satisfying of own cooking..and told ma zi about the over estimated portion..
"Put it into the fridge~" that's wat she said..

but...mom~
the fridge is...er....

..full
not even a tiny weeny bowl can fit into the space..

Left it till dinner though, save my money, while enjoying what I'd successfully done~
haha...maybe next time should try another weird stuff...nasi ulam...
at least it requires no oil( I hope so..) and no more spilling~

P/s: *claimed by foxy,home is a better place, whereas house is just a shell....

4 則留言:

  1. ya...miss ur ma zi's mi hun kuih ^^
    i can imagine ur action in the 'battle' and how's ur kitchen will look like after ur circus show.
    pity the kitchen and the 'sa bou lang cang'...

    回覆刪除
  2. haha...the kitchen is newer than what it supposed to be! No one noticed the difference when they're back home~lucky~ ^_^

    回覆刪除
  3. I was thinking... What was she trying to make until the last few para where you finally said what was it....==|||

    回覆刪除
  4. haha..i got write ar!! mi hun kuih ar!! 3rd para eh..haha...

    回覆刪除